Your life isn’t limited to six steps.
Our lives don’t have to go like this:
- Step 1: Survive youth and high school.
- Step 2: Get a college degree, and/or…
- Step 3: Get a job that turns into a passionless career.
- Step 4: Get married, have kids, then get a house and lots of other stuff.
- Step 5: After the kids grow up and move out for their own Steps 2 through 4, we enjoy what’s left of our life.
- Step 6: Die.
Come on, people, we were born in the greatest nation on earth, where opportunity is limitless! Who says our lives have to follow these steps? They don’t have to look anything like that. We don’t even have to do Step 1 all the way through, much less Steps 2 through 5. The rest of the steps are merely society’s prescription.
Step 6 is the only step required of us all, at least until science figures a way around that. If your life looks like this, why would you want to live forever, anyway?
Seriously, why would you want to live in the exact same way as everybody else? Live uniquely.